Wednesday, March 19, 2014

In My Medicine Cabinet

Here are a few of the items that I always have handy in my medicine cabinet. 


Pure Body Clear 

This is, hands down, one of the best supplements I've ever encountered. "Pure Body Clear may be recommended to maintain normal liver functions and offers gentle support for the primary pathways of elimination." It helps support the liver and gently assists with urination and defecation. Honestly, I use this supplement anytime I drink alcohol. Even if I just have one alcoholic beverage, I take 3-4 of these capsules before bed and feel fine in the morning. I also take it if I'm just feeling "out of sorts." 


Wellness Fizz

This is a great formula that acts in a similar way to Emergen-C or Airborne. They are fizzy little wafers that are based on an ancient Chinese Medicine formula. I take it when I start to feel like I'm coming down with a cold or if I've been around sick people, on airplanes, or in close quarters with people. 


Methyl B-12 Liposome Spray

Many vegans don't get enough Vitamin B-12, nor do many other people for that matter. This is either due to improper diet or poor absorption of the vitamin. I get my B-12 from this fantastic little bottle. It is a sub-lingual (under the tongue) spray that should be taken one time (spray) per day. It has a nice fruity flavor and is more absorb-able if taken under the tongue. 


Bi Yan Pian*

This supplement is a patent Chinese Medicine formula that mixes many ancient Chinese herbs. It is great for me whenever I get a cold or allergy attack. It really helps to drain the nose and "release the exterior," which basically means it will induce sweating to push the disease out of the body.


An Mien Pian*

This is my go-to sleep formula, another patent Chinese Medicine mix. If I'm ever having a tough time falling asleep or staying asleep, this formula will definitely knock me out. It is really simple with only six herbs and I've found it to be the best sleep aid for me.


Greening Power

This formula comes in a powder form and capsule form. I like both. Sometimes I'll add the powder to a smoothie or take the capsules with water. It is a great mixture of superfood greens with some tonic Chinese herbs mixed in. I take this formula whenever I feel like I haven't eaten enough green foods that day. 


Yunnan Bai Yao (not pictured)

Another patent Chinese Medicine formula, that is a pain reliever and helps stop bleeding. I have taken it to alleviate the pain from menstrual cramps, or headaches. I always keep some in my kitchen because it can be applied topically to cuts to stop bleeding from those times that I am not so graceful with a knife. 

*Always consult a knowledgeable practitioner before taking any of these supplements.

No comments:

Post a Comment